Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Rosh Hashanah message.
Shana Tova to the Jewish Communities Around the World!
Shana Tova from Israel!
Jewish communities in Israel and throughout the world mark the beginning of a new Jewish year. Rosh Hashanah will be celebrated this year from sundown on Wednesday, Sept 24, until nightfall on Friday, Sept 26.
As we pray for a year of peace, happiness and well-being, we extend to our best wishes for the new year to our friends around the world.
ISRAELI NGO DISTRIBUTING HUMANITARIAN AID TO CHRISTIAN AND YAZIDI REFUGEES IN IRAQ
IsraAID is delivering mattresses, blankets, kitchen supplies, hygiene kits and clothes to the Christian and Yazidi refugees, who have fled an ongoing assault by Islamic State (IS).
Being a woman to being a peshmerga, «those who confront death»
- Inside the camp for Komala, in Sulaymaniyah province, a group of men and women peshmerga who have recently finished their military training test their guns.
- Male and female Kurdish peshmergas learning to use their guns inside the military training camp of the Komala party of Iranian Kurdistan.
- Kurdish peshmergas during their politics theory training course inside the military training camp of the Komala party of Iranian Kurdistan.
- Portrait of Tina, a Kurdish peshmerga inside the camp of the Kurdistan Democratic Party of Iran. Like many other girls her age, following the social pressures in Iran she fled to southern Kurdistan to join the group. While fighting for Kurdish rights, Tina explained that she also learned about her rights as a woman.
- Zilan, a female PJAK guerrilla, binds her hair before starting her daily routines inside the camp located in Qandil, southern Kurdistan.
- Kurdish female peshmergas of the 2nd Battalion during their daily military training. The 2nd Battalion comprises exclusively of 550 female peshmergas and is the only official female branch of the Kurdish National Army. This battalion is responsible for defending Kurdistan against ISIS, alongside male battalions. In Sulaymaniyah, southern Kurdistan, in July 2014.
© Maryam Ashrafi